Verbal Beginnings offers a fun and rewarding environment for our staff. We strive to create a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth and learning. The role of the ABA Therapist or Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is to provide home and community based ABA services to Verbal Beginnings’ clients. This includes the implementation of a treatment plan developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) addressing communication, behavior, feeding, ADLs and social skills. The ABA Technician/RBT will also monitor the progress of a treatment plan and work closely with the BCBA to update the treatment plan as necessary.
- Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home, center, and community based environments
- Implement individualized treatment plans developed by BCBAs
- Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
- Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals.
- Support the BCBA with training families on implementing individualized treatment plans.
- Participate in team meetings and training workshops.
- Ensure that the client is in a safe and positive environment at all times.
- Follows the policies and procedures of Verbal Beginnings, LLC.
ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or 48 credit hours towards a Bachelor’s in Psychology, Education, or a related field preferred
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities
- Experience working with children with behavior problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a passion for working with children with disabilities
- Must have reliable transportation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certifications or willing to obtain certifications within 45-60 days of hire
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Development
- Leadership Opportunities
- Health Benefits
- 401 (k)
- Opportunities to work closely and learn from professionals in the field
Verbal Beginnings, LLC has a policy of equal employment opportunity for all without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, martial status, national origin or disability.